Calling on all sport jet 90 hp experts for engine swap advice!!!!

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looking for someone to answer some questions I have on a complete motor swap on a 94 sport jet 90. My motor has low compression on the bottom piston. Also running hot and leaking water from bottom of motor. I was lucky enough to buy a 94 bayliner jazz the same 90hp with no title for $350. The impeller wearing and all nozzle and rudder components were pulled off someone was working on it. It seems to me the one of the bars on the grating broke off and went through the impeller. Anyways that motor has compression of 150,150,140. Which is good from what I read. This motor has CDMA ignition and red stator also a different fuel recirculation setup than mine. Different carb backfire arrester. That's all I know so far the carbs probably need rebuilding but mine were rebuild last may. My motor has CDM ignition but black stator. I've only owned this boat for 3 months so I don't really understand the stator and ignition upgrades. My motor will fire up with the turn of a key just runs hot after about 5 mins in the water 200 degrees. Both motors have the electri choke as well. I want to swap these out to avoid a rebuild this year hopefully. Will it be a pull and drop in project or a pull part by part and put together project. Anyone who can help with some advice it's greatly needed and appreciated. I have $2850 in both boats so I'm tryin to avoid $100 an hour labour costs. Ready to go ride it's getting lower 80's here in south Alabama. Thanks for any help I can get.