Sport Jet 90 splined or threaded driveshaft question???

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok I've been on the site for numerous problems I've had with a sea rayder bought a few months ago. Latest problem running hot. Tried to replace thermostat but the thermostat was missing along with the spacer and the rest of the parts that go into the housing. compression on my motor is 120,120,90. So I'm thinking I have internal damage. The boat accelerates great. Top speed 37mph even with the high temp alarm on at 200degrees. So that's got me questioning the internal damage. Shows no sign of weakness in performance. When temp reaches 200 and you put the throttle WOT the temp drops to about 160 but climbs back up. Anyways I've lucked up and bought a 94 bayliner jazz with no title for $350. What a deal!!! I'm just trying to see if there is a way to tell if the motor driveshafts match up. Both threaded or splined. How can I tell without pulling it. Or is it possible? BTW if someone needs any 95 bayliner jazz parts let me know I'm gonna pull the motor and pump but the hull and all switches grab handles whatever you need I will be glad to help you out. Also the hull is up for grabs if no one wants any parts. You can get what you need for cheap cheap. I don't wanna make any money just want my boat to run. Thanks for any help!!!

jayson115

Cadet
Re: Sport Jet 90 splined or threaded driveshaft question???

if your 94 is threaded shaft then the 95 wont work cause it will be splined they swicthed over hafl way thought the 94's and its not a matte of just switching then the other end wont alow the simple switch ..if you look at the pics the parts stores here on line show different part numbers hope this helps

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Sport Jet 90 splined or threaded driveshaft question???

Thanks bud found this info out. I actually found a threaded match 94 model.