Driving me nuts Sport Jet 90 I am sitting in the boat until it is fixed

Ok here gos. I have a 1994 Regal Rush Sport Jet 90. I have located the problem but do not know how to fix it. There is a yellow and black wire coming from the switchbox to the main harness that has to be unplugged for the boat to start. Boat has all updated electronics with red stator. I am assuming this is the kill switch circuit. Once i start it with the key with this wire unplugged it runs great but will not turn off by the key or kill lanyard. Once i reconnect the yellow and black wire it instantly cuts off regardless of key position. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP its cold in this garage. I am standing by refreshing every 2 minutes

Re: Driving me nuts Sport Jet 90 I am sitting in the boat until it is fixed

$20 cash reward to the person who helps me fix this tonight. I will send you a 20 dollar bill in the mail tomorrow. I am that serious about fixing it tonight.

64 views and no replies. Im getting worried. please somebody even suggestions are appreciated

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

64 views and no replies. Im getting worried. please somebody even suggestions are appreciated

Hey man I may not be any help. I just bought a sea rayder w/sport jet 90 about 2 months ago. I have been working on
Mine all day. The fuel recirculation lines are all wrong also the fuel pump has a outlet that isn't connected to anything. So I am somewhat in a situation like u. I had to remove the switch box today and noticed I had a black/yellow wire coming from the switch box that's not hooked to anything. Got me thinking what is thus for? So I l looked at my manual and saw it ran to the ignition switch. But my boat has no problem with cutting off when running or starting. Wish I could help. Maybe try and search old posts. Someone's probably had this problem as well. Good luck

Any other suggestions I am at my wits end. Please help. And bedwards I will be in Muscle Shoals at the end of the month if you still need help on yours. Ignition Upgrades and Fuel Lines I can handle just not mine apparently.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the offer. If I can ask u a question do you know how the 3rd outlet on the fuel pump is supposed to be ran, or if it's just supposed to be open? I know the filter bowl is the tank inlet and the other on the back side goes to the carbs. What about the one underneath? I can't figure it out some diagrams show it open and some show it with a hose connection. Thats the only problem I got is how I need to run that line it leave open. I've been searching for weeks to find out and still no results. Tried to post pics yesterday and they would not upload I'm about to give up on it and take it to the shop. Thanks if you can help. My motor is a 94 as well so I know you probably have the same pump.

e-spin

Cadet

Bad(shorted) kill switch?, Kills while cranking=no start, after start kills engine when hooked back up. I don't have a schematic for that Boat but I bet the yellow is shorted to ground on the boat side of the connectors. ohm it out from the yellow to ground, my guess is that it is always shorted(connected) to ground no mater wether the kill key is in or out. Check it!

CoffeeHound

Petty Officer 1st Class

There should be 2 wires at the switch (ign) good place to start (think a & m leads ) and that would be my first break point !! See if ground is to the engine or to the Safety sw. ==
With lanyard installed Just check book again --- M and M are the switch ground points ,, One goes to the engine and other to the Safety switch .

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have the wiring diagram if you need it

Let me know

sciman

Recruit

Since you disconnected it at the engine and it runs fine... good....
Now disconnect the blk/yel wire at the ignition switch & emergency stop toggle switch. Does it start? If so, the ignition switch or emergency switch is bad. This wire gets opened when running, otherwise grounded to kill the ignition. If it didn't start, there is a short to ground in the harness. Run a new wire.
-Sciman

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It could be one of 4 things bad ignition switch, black yellow wire shorted to ground, rev limiter gone on the fritz, or lanyard switch defective.