1996 Sea Ray F16 Jetboat Steering Cable

120xr

Recruit
Hello,

Recently, the tip of the rod in the steering cable for the reverse gate broke off. I was wondering if anyone had repaired one of these. Also, as I looked for the part number on the cable, I noticed it had probably been replaced before because it didnt have one. The cable for the nozzle did, but not the one for the reverse gate. If anyone could get me their stock # for the 1996 Sea Ray F16 120hp that would be terrific so that I may order a new one. Last question: any suggestions as to where to buy that cable from?

Thanks

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1996 Sea Ray F16 Jetboat Steering Cable

Hello,

Recently, the tip of the rod in the steering cable for the reverse gate broke off. I was wondering if anyone had repaired one of these. Also, as I looked for the part number on the cable, I noticed it had probably been replaced before because it didnt have one. The cable for the nozzle did, but not the one for the reverse gate. If anyone could get me their stock # for the 1996 Sea Ray F16 120hp that would be terrific so that I may order a new one. Last question: any suggestions as to where to buy that cable from?

Thanks

Teleflex makes all correct cables. For a OEM check ********** the probably have one at a slightly discounted rate. I just replaced mine on 94 Sea Rayder I had a 9 ft teleflex on mine so someone had replaced it before. Parts number was on the old cable. It was $80 for a replacement I said no way. Found 8ft OEM cable off eBay for $20. I would suggest shopping around a little you will find one just get it long enough. Doesn't matter if too long but it will if it's to short. Hope this helps