90 waverunner dry start

Matt95008

Cadet
I working on my 90 Yamaha Waverunner and i want to run it for a bit. i know it bad to let them run out of water to long period of time. how do get water to it or use a hose to run it for a few minutes? Thanks for your help.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 90 waverunner dry start

I don't know about the 90 model Waverunners, but my 2011 model Waverunner came with a fitting to hook on a water hose to flush it. Look on the hoses around your motor for a quick attach connector. You may just be a fitting away from running it via hose.

If you start and run your Waverunner up to 30 seconds, it won't hurt it out of water. I wouldn't run it for any longer, however.

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you don't see a flush connector for the hose, look on the top of the cylinder head for a screw that says "wash". You remove that screw and attach the flush attachement there. Remember to start the engine first, then the water, then turn off the water first, then stop the engine last when you are done.

Here is a video for the location on the 650: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...z8XpAw&usg=AFQjCNE-iZKld6v8v418miGOzLM49Ab8oQ

JJGP1200

Cadet

Sometimes you will find the mount for the flush kit located in the hull directly under the edge of the seat.

ksukats57

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you start and run your Waverunner up to 30 seconds, it won't hurt it out of water. I wouldn't run it for any longer, however.

30 might be the upper safe limit for a 2 cylinder ski, but never run a triple cylinder 1100 or 1200, etc for longer than 15 seconds dry tops. That middle cylinder gets wayy to hot.

Obviously the '90 WR in question is a 2 cylinder, I just had to add that in....:cool: