Sport jet 120 pump same as 90 ?

burnrubber

Cadet
I found a salvage parts boat , its a sport jet 90 sea ray 1995 !!!

But it is a 2 hour drive to view it .

So the question is , is a 1995 sport jet 90 have the same jet pump and intake grate as a
1996 sport jet 120 ?

I am mainly in need of the intake grate and maby the impellor.

If you guys need any parts from this boat ,i can give you a contact #

Painlesstom

Cadet

burnrubber

Cadet
Re: Sport jet 120 pump same as 90 ?

Many thanks again TOM !!
great links and help !!

Only question is on the different drive ratio, where dose that come from?

I see the impellor part # s are the same exept one has a extra number 12 at the end. it says 47-8289/ 12 t

Painlesstom

Cadet

That part number is in the column that lists OLD part numbers that are being superceded. Look to the extreme left in the part number column and you see they are exactly the same. The ratio difference is because both the 90 and 120 will spin the same rpm, only the 120 has more torque. With an underdriven pump it makes it easier for the smaller 90 to rev to come on plane and attain it's top rpm, while the 120 doesn't need this help so the pump spins the same rpm as the motor.. Same thing as gearing in cars, a v6 motor would be geared lower than the same car with a v8. If you put a 120 motor in a 90 boat/pump you would notice more pulling power and come on plane faster but you wouldn't go any faster because while the 120 has more hp it doesn't have more rpm and that is what's needed to gain speed on a jet drive. Changed gearing provides that gain in rpm.

burnrubber

Cadet

I see , its the gears that meet where the 90 degree transition happens under the motor.
Alright , i will be making the 2 hour drive to buy those parts soon.
Today is work on truck day, i have a tracker converted into a agressive off roader and i will be laying under it with
black grease blobs falling into my face.
Have a great Thanksgiving Tom.

Painlesstom

Cadet

Thanks man, you too. Good luck with everything, let me know how it all works out.