2007 FX Cruiser Fuel Filter

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can anyone tell me if a Yamaha 2007 FX Cruiser has a fuel filter and where it's located? I tried following the tank to engine fuel lines but don't see one, or I'm just missing it. Is it in the tank perhaps? I can't find a parts break down showing one nor could I find a part number for a fuel filter either. Any insight is appreciated.

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2007 FX Cruiser Fuel Filter

There is no fuel filter on the FX or VX for that matter. There is a screen over the fuel module inside the tank (not really serviceable), plus there are also screens over the fuel injector ports (also not ment to be serviced). You shouldn't have any problems, unless you leave untreated fuel in the ski for long periods. I've seen several models with gummed up injectors after sitting over the winter. Run some Stabil Marine through the system before you store the ski. I also highly running Yamaha Ring Free Plus in every tank of fuel......you will get much longer plug life and the valves and rings don't get "carboned" up......which is about the only problem you will see with this engine through 1000 hours.

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2007 FX Cruiser Fuel Filter

Thanks Ernest T, appreciate it!