1995 Seadoo Bombardier Twin Rotax

donekberg

Recruit
As the title states I have a 1995 Seadoo Bombardier with the Twin Rotax. I took the spark plugs out of one of the motors to find that both cylinders were full to the top with oil. Turned it over a few times to force some of the oil out, which a lot came out but they kept filling back up as fast as the oil was shooting out the spark plug hole. Any ideas what would have caused this? The boat was run for a good 2 hour, in which it ran great. Sat for about 2 months and I am now going to try to winterize it.

Craigcat

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1995 Seadoo Bombardier Twin Rotax

The crank seals are bad. A complete overhaul or engine exchange like from SBT if you plan on keeping and rideing every year. Short Block Technologies. Clearwater Florida.
Until then, remove the oil by spinning with plugs out and a rag over the holes. Do not let Starter overheat. Use pre-mix to start engine. When you are done rideing, flush & fog, then pincher the Rotary Valve gear, big oil line under the carbs. If oil can't get in, the seals won't leak. You may get a little from the return line, but not much, so just remember to remove the line pincher clamp before you ride.