Yamaha Jet AR210

Amballtrip

Recruit
I'm in my late 40's and never owned a boat, been on them, water ski ect. But never own one. Been looking at the new 2012 yamaha ar210 Jet. More than not they will be at least 7 persons adults each time we go out any thoughts on the GOOD.BAD.UGLY..the best bang for the buck. Thanks

ozarkmed

Recruit
Re: Yamaha Jet AR210

Never owned one, but have wanted one for the last 4 years. I recently had the opportunity to compare the Yamaha jet boat products to the Sea-Doo side by side at a boat show. I was surprised that the fit and finish on the Yamaha was noticeably better in all aspects. I've always like the Sea-doo jet skis and thought the boats would be the same. But, next to the Yamaha, they looked sad. I love the Yamaha's rear lounging area. And the fact that the boat purchase is a turn key deal, meaning boat, motor, and trailer are included in price.

As to engine life and quality, I can only say that Yamaha's other engine products are generally well thought of. The newer Sea-Doo jets skis seem to do very well also.

sojodave

Cadet
Re: Yamaha Jet AR210

I just sold my Yamaha jet boat. I had a 2-stroke model. I have been out with friends that have had the 4-stroke Yamahas and I am very familiar with the 4-stroke jet boats.

The good...
They are a blast to drive
Only need 14" of water
Yamaha's have clean-out plugs so you can easily get to the impellers if you suck up a rope
The layout is awesome
Easy maintenance
Easy winterization
The back deck seating is incredible
If you ever have an engine go out, you have one to get you back

The Bad...
The AR210's don't have as strong of an engine as the 230 or 240's. This isn't a problem usually unless you are at high altitude
You will probably need Cobra Fins or Throttle Vectors to help you dock
There is a learning curve to docking a Yamaha jet boat, but I became an expert
The wake takes a little getting used to.

The Ugly...
No boat engine is bullet proof so stuff happens

I would highly recommend a Yamaha AR210. They turn like they are on rails and the layout is very roomy. Go to Yamahajetboaters.com and they are more than happy to tell you their experiences.