Where to spray the fogging oil?? Seadoo 2007 GTI 155hp Rotex

ssmarinaman

Recruit
Asked a mechanic where to spray the fogging and he suggested to loosen the intake hose that is to one side of the carb. Easy enough but to me it seems like only one side gets the fogging oil - not the 2nd and 3rd from the hose connection??? There must be something to open on the top???

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Where to spray the fogging oil?? Seadoo 2007 GTI 155hp Rotex

Better get a new mechanic for advice. That engine doesn't have a carb!

Also get an owners manual - it descibes the ritual in great detail. The cylinders are manually fogged, also the fuel injector rail.

*Remove the seats
*remove the anti-freeze bottle from the seat bracket and prop it up in the stern
*remove 4 bolts that hold the seat bracket, then remove it along witrh the air intake hoses
*remove the 3 coil wires, then the coils - mark them for proper position
*remove the 3 spark plugs, then fog each cylinder with bombardier lube - be sure to noty let the red hose fall in the hole....LOL
*remove the 2 screws holding on the fuel rail and fog the fuel in jectors
*with the throttle on full (drown mode so it wont fire) hit the starter for 2 seconds to spread the fog oil
*replace all the parts in reverse order

Takes about an hour if you have all the tools. PITA. If you had a Yamaha or an older SD all you do it squirt in a hole and it takes 5 seconds. I have 3 of them so for me its an even bigger PITA.

ssmarinaman

Recruit
Re: Where to spray the fogging oil?? Seadoo 2007 GTI 155hp Rotex

Thanks for the tips. I don't have the skis here but if I remember a top rail which must be the fuel rail above the injectors. I did remove and spray the plugs and also attempted to start the engine to move some of the fogging oil inside. I was a bit nervous to touch that top rail but I'll look more closely. One ski has had only 3 hours this summer and the other 5 minutes driving it to the trailer. They are kept in a garage from now until mid April. THANKS