Capsized 94 sea doo sp now hesitates

jkgrrrbaby

Recruit
I accidently rolled my sp, it fired right back up, but it seamed to hesitate a little and would not open all the way up, about 10 minutes it seamed to clear up, then my buddy hosed me with water on a pass by and it started doing it again, this time i just took on tons of water, it didnt clear out, so we pulled it out changed spark plugs and put back in, still doing the same thing, it will start and go with no issue, just will not get on plane if you will.

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Capsized 94 sea doo sp now hesitates

How much water did your hull take on? Specifically - how high up on the motor was the water level? Did any water get into the electrical control box or the box that contains your lighting coil?

jkgrrrbaby

Recruit

Not much water. And didn't check those other parts. But did rebuild carb and the filter was completely cloged. Will check other parts tonight. After doing carb just firing it sounds like a different ski.

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sometimes water can get into the littlest places aroiund your coil and ground it, or partially ground it out. It will also wear heavily on your stator and "brain" electrical parts. Try to see if you can clean'em up before they corrode.

jkgrrrbaby

Recruit

I changed fuel filter today and checked all that you mentioned, still is hesitating. basically what it is doing is it will now after carb serviced, idle and move forward as its supposed to, and when you start the trottle it will go just fine or seams to be just fine, then when you get about 3/4 of the way it starts feeling grumbly and wont really do much more and won't get on plane, its like its not getting enough fuel or something, I believe it is a fuel delivery problem but could be wrong, the next thing to change is all the fuel lines and the fuel switch. there is another filter where all the hoses connect to the fuel tank, I may check that out as well. any other thoughts.

and thank you.