1998 Kawasaki Jetski zxi sank, Help!

Sphinx10

Recruit
Hi last year my jetski sank in Needles Marina... We pulled it out... removed sparkplugs... got water out and rode it... well I just pulled them out of storage and it's running like this..

Please help.. and thanks in advance!

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1998 Kawasaki Jetski zxi sank, Help!

Last year after you got the water out of the engine, how much did you ride it?

When you stored the ski away, did you add stabilizer to the gas? Is it pure gas or the lousy 10% ethanol stuff that most of us are stuck with?

Sphinx10

Recruit

I rode it a little.... I took it this weekend and it was running fine... all of a sudden it turned off... now none of the spark plugs are getting spark... electronics maybe?

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you check your main fuse? Mine popped out of the blue. Had me stumped for a short while - then AHAH! I checked it and it was so old the the end broke off versus the fuse actually being overloaded. Yours could've done the same.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Why do you not have water running to that thing?

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Do you have new spark plugs in it?

first off...RUN it on the hose.
Try new plugs...I've seen new plugs out of the box be bad...gapped correctly too.

So after you took the video of running bad, you now have NO spark. If none, then check the coil.
If you have spark, try trimming a 1/4 inch off the plug wire and reattaching the boot. This may get you better spark.

If you ran it this yr already once, check the gas and maybe the suction tube, it may be blocked with debris from the tank.

jim macdonald

Recruit

Might have gotten water in the Stator housing or the electronics box when it sank. Big problems in either case, especially if it sat for any lenght of time. I would suggest removing the stator cover and checking and also checking the box. Best of luck.