Title issues

texasvet54

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello All,

I just bought a 1996 jetski and I need some advice on the best way to approach getting a title in my name.

I bought the jetski from a guy who bought it a few months ago from the original title holder. The problem is that the guy I bought it from never transferred the title into his name. I have the title, but it's in the original owners name and to complicate matters further, the original owner filled in the back of the title with the name of the guy that I bought it from, so I can't go back in time and say that I purchased it from the original owner.

If I didn't get such a good deal on the ski, I'd have walked.

Any suggestions on how this can be handled in Texas?

Thanks,
texasvet

texasvet54

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Title issues

Look in the texas parks & wildlife online page it is covered very well.

I don't see where my particular issue is covered. Maybe I'm missing it. The only thing I can figure is that the original title holder can fill out VESSEL/BOAT APPLICATION (PWD 143) saying he sold it to me and AFFIDAVIT OF FACT (PWD 314) with some reason why my name is not the one on the back of the title.

The other option is that the guy I bought it from must register the craft, wait for a new title in his name to show up in the mail and then sell it to me.

texasvet