1996 Yamaha Wave Venture fuel problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1996 Yamaha Wave Venture fuel problems

Frozen Okie probably nailed. Not that the gas does not come from carbohydrates, is that the gas does not carbohydrates in the engine. The only real way to tell is to drop one of the bowls of the carb to see if the gas is there. Because of all the crap they're fuel after sitting for 2 months, you have clogged jets in your carbs. The time of reconstruction. Get well done by a professional, if you can. These carbohydrates are very tempermental and must be connected to a specific series. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, and I just paid for my three reconstructed by a Yamaha. Incredible difference. The machine works like it is brand new.

Comment

Re: 1996 Yamaha Wave Venture fuel problems

OK guys maybe I can help since I own a 96 venture with the 700 engine. It has the same carbs just 2 rather than 3. The carbs are in fact Mikuni Suber BN 38 MM carbs. They do not have a float but rather a pop off spring. They are not tamper proof but in fact have both low and high speed screws. I rebuilt these carbs several weeks ago using genuine mikuni rebuild kits. At about 50 bucks each they are not cheap but all the pros seem to feel this is not a place to try and save a few bucks. Herers a link for the kits http://www.iboats.com/Mikuni-Super-B...view_id.695912

If you are handy the carbs are not hard to work on. You can find instructions for rebuilding them on the SBT website. These carbs have an internal filter that is located wherer smoofers indicates in his post. When I did mine one of these filters had a lot of gunk in it. if I was trying to do things on the cheap I would open up the carbs and clean them out and only replace any parts that looked like they needed to be replaced

Other things to check are the fuel selector valve and the check valve for the tank vent. My check valve was bad and caused some starting problems when tank was low.

I know guys are trying to help but if you are going to offer specific advice such as offered above please take a few minutes to research it and make sure your advice is correct. If you are offering general advice such as "check the carbs" just leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
      X