Sport Jet Issues I have all my ohm readings and info, PLEASE HELP

Ok here goes. I bought this 94 Regal Rush. First time out it ran great unless I turned left. 42mph on the speedo. Whenever I would turn left it would stall out. Took home and replaced fuel recirculation lines(which were clogged) and plugs(all were a little damp). Took it out the next day and would not plane at first. Ran it for 10 minutes or so and it started running great again. It did not stall on hard turns anymore. Took it out the next day and same problem again. It would not plane out. It sounds like its running great and then gets like a power surge which puts it on and off plane. Like one of the cylinders keeps coming on and off. Ok well after reading around here I suspected the stator. I pulled the flywheel and I have the red stator. One of the NUBS for a lack of better words is a brownish color. I have attached a picture of this. No broken or moved magnets. Is that a bad high speed coil maybe. I dont know I am picking at straws here. I cleaned the stator and flyweel magnets and took it out on the lake again. Well needless to say I had to row back to the dock. Started and ran great for a few minutes then just quit. It would start for a second and then quit. Gave up on trying to start it and rowed home. Just got home and it cooled off. Fired right up and ran great. Now it will start every so often but just for a second then quit. Hit it with some starting fluid no change so i think its electrical.
Here are my findings
cylinder compression
1 152
2 152
3 145 top cylinder
12.41 volts at battery
disconnected black and yellow sparked and fired for split second then quit
disconnected yellow wires no spark
ohm green white to white green 682
brown 1124
purple 1147
white 1128

additional info
red stator
cdi switchbox 114 4953

Attachments

• stator.jpg
    stator.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 0
Re: Sport Jet Issues I have all my ohm readings and info, PLEASE HELP

okay update there are two black and yellow wires. disconnected it and boat fired up and ran great but would not shut off by key. plugged it back in and it shut off. tried it again unplugged fired right up and ran and shut off with key. tried again and would not shut off with key, i had to plug it back in and it shut off. this is the black and yellow wire going from the switchbox into the main harness. ooooh im getting close.

PLEASE ANYBODY
I have refreshed this page 40 times in the last hour. I have to know what it is. Im like a kid.

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

***Don't run these out of the water***

We need to isolate the issue. One Black/Yellow wire should be at the Rev Limiter (small 2X2 box) and one at the switchbox (rectangular). Connect the switchbox and disconnect the rev limiter...check for spark. If it fails your rev limiter is bad. If this passes we need to check the kill circuit. Re-connect the rev limiter and then disconnect the black/yellow at the switchbox to isolate the kill circuit. (Make sure no wires ground out while disconnected!) Sounds (since I read that it worked 'sometimes' in your post) that you may have a loose connection/short in the kill circuit. The kill circuit runs from the key switch to the lanyard switch and then the Rev Limiter/switchbox.

bob1976

Recruit

It will be bad fuel....water, etc in the bottom of your tank. When you go out and slosh everything around it stirs up the crap and it chokes your carbs.

Clean your tank. Clean the carbs. Replace the filters.

If you hear the clattering of hooves....don't expect zebras.

Its definately the yellow black wire goign into the harness from from the switchbox. Should I just run a new one from the ignition. It will not start with the rev limiter plugged in or not.