Waverunner3 , trobleshooting after set up

HYDROBUFF

Cadet
I just purchased two waverunners at a (i thought at the time ) steal ,...the guy i bought them from said he fired them up 3 months ago.They are a little sun faded but look pretty good , well good went wrong when i charged the batteries drained gas tank,added non ethy fuel and put fresh in,brand new plugs and all they do is turn over no start. I did try putting fuel in spark plugs and it starts up and purrs like kitten until the fuel burns off then back to just turning over. So i've come to conclusion it could be fuel filter or pump,..my question is how do i test this theory? thanks in advance for your help:)

HYDROBUFF

Cadet
Re: Waverunner3 , trobleshooting after set up

Well looked at fuel filter and there is no signs of debri in one ski ,..the other is bone dry and must not be getting fuel delivery.Ive decided to work on one that is clean,any siggestions on why it wont crank? could this be a carb issue or fuel pump.?

nate_1503

Cadet
Re: Waverunner3 , trobleshooting after set up

year, engine size, model is needed... a lot of the time a bad fuel switch causes the problem on the 2nd one, check your lines one maybe broken off, do either of these have the pump primmer for fuel instead of a choke, if the ski's have been sitting w/ ethy gas in them they both need carb rebuilds just to start with. to test the fuel switch presurize the fuel tank by pressurizing the vent line that runs up from the top of the tank. depending on model there is a black plastic fitting w/ 4 fittings on top, one is return, supply, vent, and reserve they should be labeled but normally is hard to see. presurize it w/ the fuel filter end open and if no air escapes bad switch then go from there. good luck