Flushing question for SeaDoo GTX...

hd883chopper

Seaman Apprentice
GTX 4-Tec Supercharged

I'm trying to figure out what the flush tube is supposed to hook to inside the hull. Right now it's not hooked to anything. If I ran my garden hose to it, the water would only flow into the bilge/hull area. Isn't it supposed to run into the exhaust hoses somehow?

Thx,
HD

emoney

Commander
Re: Flushing question for SeaDoo GTX...

There should be a fitting it attaches to, definitely. I'm not familiar with your model, but I'd think an owner's manual would show it, assuming it's a factory installed item. On my older 120 Merc Jet, the fitting is right on top. It's an "elbow fitting" in my case, which might make it easier to locate.

hd883chopper

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the post emoney. I checked the owners manual and it only shows you how to hook the hose to the tube on the outside of the PWC. It doesn't show what the flush tube actually hooks to on the inside.
I can't belieive that the water just flows into the bilge. I would think it should be tied in somehow to the exhaust or something. I'm new to Jet Ski's and SeaDoo's...still learning - LOL

HD

emoney

Commander

You already know more than me, so don't sweat the stuff you "don't know". I'd tend to agree with you, however. It definitely seems like it needs to be going somewhere. Otherwise, I don't see how it gets into the water intake from the bilge. Hey, we'll both hopefully learn something here, as surely somebody that really knows will weigh in before the day's over.

nate_1503

Cadet

Chopper post a pic, I am a pwc mechanic but GTX's came several different ways from the factory and rigged up stuff to... factory most had a flush fitting out the back of the hull to the top left of the nozzle and jet pump assembly, it had a weird push in fitting that if unscrewed leaves a male end that a female water hose end will screw onto. I use a double female adapter about a foot long i made from an old hose and repair fittings from lowes and a premade i found at a store somewhere. to find this flush fitting you will have to look up inside the back of the hull where the nozzle is and where the little cove like area is, it doesn't really jump out at you lol. if this isn't there on top of the engine depending on year there should be 2 hoses coming out of the head one is intake and one is exhaust water, you can identify the exhaust one as it will go to the muffler assembly the other will go down to the jump pump housing in the back of the hull, these sometimes have a connection there, pics if you can post any will help. Hope this gets you going

scratch the thing w/ the head its supercharged lol. it should be at the back of the hull where i discribed it will be a black plastic fitting if this pumps water into hull you have a split line and do not need to take it back on the water until its fixed or you will sink, the tube should run up to a line from what i can tell that runs from the pump, this line should go to cool the supercharger and to cool the engine/heads/exhaust Pics really won't help do to that massive engine cover on your model... when i get to work in the morning i will see if i have a gtx outside and i will check it out for you