Adjusting Throttle Cable Sport Jet 90

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, I just purchased a 1994 Donzi Medallion 152 with a Sport Jet 90- I'm beginning the process of diagnosing a problem that the PO claimed it has- which is starting and running for about 30 seconds, dying, then only starting and dying after that.

I have not personally experienced that yet- I just got it home and I was poking around under the 'hood' and found that the throttle linkage doesn't seem to move as much as it should when the throttle at the console location is moved. Full throttle doesn't seem to move the linkage past 1/4 throttle. Its mostly dead movement for the first 4 inches of travel at the handle, then you feel resistance for the last 2"..

I can't seem to find any way to adjust the tension or tightness of the cable.

Thanks!
Tim

kaotiktravis

Recruit
Re: Adjusting Throttle Cable Sport Jet 90

I hope someone can help you out with that Tim because I am dealing with that same issue also. Only mine will not start until that linkage starts to move .... as soon as you back it off so the linkage is in slack..... it dies seems like its is allowing the trigger to sit in the wrong spot?

kaotiktravis

Recruit
Re: Adjusting Throttle Cable Sport Jet 90

if you advance the throttle without pushing the button in for the drive..... it should start. then if you hold that linkage with something (screwdriver) pull the throttle back push the button in and advance and go..... as long as mine is not backed down below 2500 rpm then it stays running and running good???? if thats the same situation your having let me know... if i figure it out i will fill you in
Thanks Travis