Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98' SeaDoo Gtx limited with hole in resonator (muffler)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 98' SeaDoo Gtx limited with hole in resonator (muffler)

Correction.... leaking thru the weep hole. Not a major leak but a small drip. I'm now wondering if this part is bad which cause the whole mess to begin with. Nothing inside the valve appears to be cracked or broken. Does the hole in the needle valve need to line up with the hose inlets?

Comment

Originally posted by rking View Post
      Correction.... leaking thru the weep hole. Not a major leak but a small drip. I'm now wondering if this part is bad which cause the whole mess to begin with. Nothing inside the valve appears to be cracked or broken. Does the hole in the needle valve need to line up with the hose inlets?
      Not sure, but the chances are that the muffler melted the bottom of that valve when it was sand barred, which I am assuming it was. Replace that regulatory valve, they come factory set to open the low or high side with X amount of pressure...couldn't tell you how to set it but it sounds like you need to replace it anyway. I went to eBay because a new from the manufacturer is $200 < dollars. If I were you I would also check the line that runs to the bottom of the engine (it's generally a clear colored line and runs starboard) chances are it's packed full of sand also.

Comment

Thanks Leedanger.

Yeah I was hoping that possibly the lines were crossed and that was the problem. I'm also leaning towards a bad part. I really appreciate all the help.

Comment

Working...
        X