Sport Jet 90 Big ISSUE I want to be on the Lake

Ok here goes. I bought this 94 Regal Rush 1 week ago today. First time out it ran great unless I turned left. 42mph on the speedo. Whenever I would turn left it would stall out. Took home and replaced fuel recirculation lines(which were clogged) and plugs(all were a little damp). Took it out the next day and would not plane at first. Ran it for 10 minutes or so and it started running great again. It did not stall on hard turns anymore. Took it out the next day and same problem again. It would not plane out. It sounds like its running great and then gets like a power surge which puts it on and off plane. Like one of the cylinders keeps coming on and off. Ok well after reading around here I suspected the stator. I pulled the flywheel and I have the red stator. One of the NUBS for a lack of better words is a brownish color. No broken or moved magnets. Is that a bad high speed coil maybe. I dont know I am picking at straws here. I have a good multimeter what should I do? BTW love the boat, My family had a new sea rayder back in 95 and it was my favorite. I have 2 sterndrive boats also but this thing is a blast.

Attachments

• stator.jpg
    stator.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 0
Re: Sport Jet 90 Big ISSUE I want to be on the Lake

Is that brown spot my culprit and if so where is the cheapest place to get a stator. I am going broke keeping 4 boats in running condition. Also I live in Belleville MI if anyone near me has one that would be great

UPDATE. I cleaned the stator and flyweel magnets and took it out on the lake this evening. Well needless to say I had to row back to the dock. Started and ran great for a few minutes then just quit. It would start for a second and then quit. Gave up on trying to start it and rowed home. Just got home and it cooled off. Fired right up and ran great. Please Help.

2k6750

Cadet

I can't help you with your problem as I don't know these boats too well yet. I posted over at jetboating.net as it's geared toward sportjets and jetboating. You could try posting there. Any idea on where to find parts for these things? I just bought a 175 Regal Rush last weekend. Trying to get any info I can.