How did I do?

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
I've been somewhat looking off and on for a ski. I found a 1995 waverunner 500 on ebay for $800 with a trailer and all paperwork. I emailed the guy thinking if I got a response it was meant to be and I'd go look at it. I heard back from him yesterday morning, and setup a time to go look at it. When got there, it was sitting on a nearly new galvanized trailer. Its a little rough with the usual nicks and scratches, but it came with a new sticker set, and a new top end. I heard it run, and took compression tester with me just in case. The guy was cool and let me test both cylinders. 145 psi even across both! He was a really straight-up guy and everything seemed cool. I figure with a little bit of effort I could freshen the whole thing up and re-sell it if needed. Anyway the guy was moving so he was motivated to sell. We eventually settled on $650 for the package and I took her home.

Seem like a fair deal?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: How did I do?

How does it run on the water? Trailer means nothing, you have to run it under load. Check the charging system. Check the wear ring. Make sure it idles cool and flows water. If all seems good, then it looks like you got a decent deal.