no water from **** hole

jim14

Recruit
I have a Yamaha 2005 VX110, and a 2007 FX waverunner. Five days ago went to the lake everthing was ok skis ran fine water was coming from **** hole on both units. Went to the lake today no water coming from **** hole on both units. Ran both skis for three to four hrs. at speeds from 25mph. to 60mph. had no prob.with overheating. When I got home from the lake I disconected the hose from the engine on both skies and blew into them, air came out of the **** hole on both skis, no restricktion in hose going to **** hole. Can anyone explain to me with no water coming out of **** hole why I am not having a overheating prob. Should I take the skis to a dealer to have them checked out.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: no water from **** hole

The technical term is "tell tale", Jim. It seems more dignified.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

The water is obviously still moving thru the engine and out the exhaust, or you would have fried your engines in minutes. Just because it isn't coming from the tgell tale means you have an obstruction. Start from the back and remove the first connection between hoses and hardware. Using compresses air, blow towards the back of the unit. If clear, move on the the next connection. Always blow towards the rear. Eventually, you will free the clog. If both units stopped at the same time, then you probably just sucked in some seaweed or plantlife and it's clogged up.

rochan

Cadet

Just because it isn't coming from the tgell tale means you have an obstruction. Start from the back and remove the first connection between hoses and hardware. Using compresses air, blow towards the back of the unit. Ran both skis for three to four hrs. at speeds from 25mph. to 60mph. had no prob.with overheating.