Yamaha VX Cruizer **** hole issue

bzsfc

Recruit
Regarding the cooing sytem; When I'm running the ski on the lake the **** hole seems to be "pissing" just fine. The coolant water is circulating fine, I get no overheating. However when I flush the system with the hose, water only comes out the back of the craft, and NOT the pisser. I've run it this way a few minutes to clean out the waterways, but can never get water to come out the side vent (pisser). I can feel warm air coming out the hole though. Is there any reason this would happen? Is it normal?

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha VX Cruizer **** hole issue

I have a 2007 FX and when I'm hooked up to the hose, water only comes out of the back. Never had it come out of the pisser. I never read anything that says it should when hooked up to the hose and the manual doesn't say to check this when flushing. It does say it should when the ski is in the water though. I'm not sure the hose provides enough water volume at idle. The way I read the manual its normal I haven't had any issues.

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer

my vx is the same way its normal

jim14

Recruit

my vx is the same way its normal

I have a Yamaha 2005 VX110, and a 2007 FX waverunner. Neither waverunner have water coming from the **** hole. Have run both units for up to 1hr at speeds from 60mph to25 mph this way, with no overheating problem. Have taken the hose going to the **** hole off and have no restricktion can blow into hose and air comes out **** hole. Have water coming out the back. Is this normal or would you suggest having a dealer take a look at it?

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

You should see water coming out of the port side overflow. On the hose, you may have to drop the nose of the ski to see it, but sometimes it is basically vapor. If your not getting an overheat warning I wouldn't worry. Starboard side overflow only activates once engine is hot enough to open thermostat (usually above 4000 rpms), so you don't see that one since it happens while riding.

You can take a pair of pliers and clamp off the intake water hose coming through the transom while the ski is on the hose to push more water through the system if you have weak pressure. Not a bad idea to flush some water through the overflows, since insects tend to like building nests in there.

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1+ on the insects, a mud wasp was making a home in my starboard pilot outlet this year, so I check them regularly.

jim14

Recruit

When I flush out my VX or FX I get a stream of water from the pisser vent on both units. As long as you can feel warm air coming out it OK.

jim14

Recruit

Thanks for the help.Itook all the hoses off and blew air in them. Put the skis on the hose and got water from theoverflow on both skis. WILL FLUSH WEEKLY FROM NOW ON.

rochan

Cadet

If your not getting an overheat warning I wouldn't worry. Starboard side overflow only activates once engine is hot enough to open thermostat (usually above 4000 rpms), so you don't see that one since it happens while riding. When I flush out my VX or FX I get a stream of water from the pisser vent on both units. As long as you can feel warm air coming out it OK.