What to pay for Regal Rush Sportjet 175?

2k6750

Cadet
First off I'm Justin and I'm new here, but not new to boats or jet drives. I'm looking at buying a 1998 Regal Rush with the Sportjet 175 in it. I went to look at it tonight and the hull is in good shape, interior needs some grab handles and small fiberglass patch where it looks like a grab handle may have pulled out. I think 2 or 3 grab handles are missing overall. The back seats are in pretty rough shape, but the front doesn't look too bad. The engine runs good and the reverse gate cable seems to work ok. I'm sure it would be a pretty nice looking little boat if I cleaned it up a bit. I'm really just not sure what a good deal on this boat would be. He was asking 4k, but I told him 3300 is the highest I would go before I saw it. He's willing to water test it, so what should I do to make sure the wear ring is good? Full throttle holeshot or what? After seeing the condition it's in I really wouldn't pay more than 3k for sure. The boat comes with tube, tow rope, trailer ropes, whistles, flares, anchor, trailer (that is going to be needing an axle soon.) Here's the pics from his ad. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

rush4.jpg

rush3.jpg

rush2.jpg

rush1.jpg

Jono69

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: What to pay for Regal Rush Sportjet 175?

I would say $3300-$3500 would be a fair price considering all that is included and assuming it runs well.

2k6750

Cadet

Thanks for the input! Anyone have any bad or good reviews about this boat or motor/jet setup?

2k6750

Cadet

Ok, I'm trying to find any specs, parts websites, or opinions on this boat. I'm gonna offer the guy 3k if the water test goes well tomorrow after work. Anyone have any input?

2k6750

Cadet

Just got the boat home. $2800 is all it took! Anyone have any idea where to get a service manual or any info on this thing?