1997 Sea Rayder 175xr2

skthomas

Recruit
I recently bought a 97 Sea Rayder 175XR2, 165 Hours, not run in the past year, starts/idles ok, comes on plane very fast, runs 5500 rpm at top speed. The problem is that top speed is only about 39 mph. I confirmed the speed with a gps. The bottom of the reverser is about .25 above the jet/nozzle while at rest at full throttle. I thought it might be the impeller or wear strip, but from this form it appears that impacts low speed performance more than top speed. 39 mph was with 2 adults in the boat, 350 lbs, and 1/2 tank of gas. The previous owner de-activated the oil injection so we are running 50 to 1 with some carb / engine ring cleaner at the moment. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!!!

skthomas

Recruit
Re: 1997 Sea Rayder 175xr2

I did just took a close look at the gate and impeller and they also look fine. I then looked at the stator and noticed that 2 or 3 of the vanes had a dime size piece of material missing from the front outer edge of the vanes. Can this be the problem? thanks!

skthomas

Recruit
Re: 1997 Sea Rayder 175xr2

Can these stators be welded and repaired? If not, anyone got a good source for a new or used one. Thanks