Wide Angle Mirror for Jet Ski

85 Champ

Seaman Apprentice
Kansas law says that skiing behind a jet ski requires either a spotter OR a wide angle mirror and also requires enough room on the vessel for all people and skiers to be on board at once. Here

Ive been looking online for a wide-angle mirror that I could mount to the ski but could also easily take off. I don't want to drill any holes or install any permanent mirrors. So far I haven't found anything like that. Everything is made for boat windshields. I think what would be great is a strong suction cup that attached to an arm with the mirror at the end. And the mirror could be adjustable like a car mirror.

So if anyone is looking for an idea to go into business with, i for one would buy your jet ski mirror! Or if you have a suggestion on where i might go to get this product, please let me know. I appreciate it! :)

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wide Angle Mirror for Jet Ski

Usually the mirror on a jet ski is a wide angle mirror.

85 Champ

Seaman Apprentice

The ski is a 97 Yamaha GP1200, and here is a picture of what the mirrors look like, they give you an excellent view of your knees but not much of anything else. Does that legally count? The mirrors on this thing are literally useless.

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got the same issue as you, Champ along with the same exact ski. According to Florida law, I can pull a skier with a 2-person PWC as long as I have the driver (of course) and a wide angle mirror measuring 4" or 4 1/2" wide or use a 3-person PWC with a spotter aboard. If I remember right, the 1997 GP's mirrors don't meet the size requirement. This is for Florida and your state may have a different rule on this.

rochan

Cadet

The ski is a 97 Yamaha GP1200, and here is a picture of what the mirrors look like, they give you an excellent view of your knees but not much of anything else. Does that legally count? The mirrors on this thing are literally useless. I can pull a skier with a 2-person PWC as long as I have the driver (of course) and a wide angle mirror measuring 4" or 4 1/2" wide or use a 3-person PWC with a spotter aboard.