94 bayliner jazz wont start

jtracker

Recruit
Hello,
I just bought this 90 HP jazz on Friday. It is my first boat but I have had a jetski. I went and looked at it and it started right up out of water. Only let it run for maybe 5 seconds. Seemed to run fine so I bought it. Brought it home, yesterday I cleaned it up, changed the spark plugs and now it won't start. I thought I had flooded it so I let it sit overnight and this morning the first time I turn it over it sounds like it is going to start and then it just turns over and doesn't even sound like it wants to start. I tried spraying starting fluid and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has a link to a service manual or owners manual I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance! Justin

jtracker

Recruit
Re: 94 bayliner jazz wont start

I also forgot to mention I have fuel and spark, but I do have fuel leaking under the boat at the jet drive seam.

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fuel leaking under the boat at the seam? That's not anything I've experienced!

I'd start by posting results from the tests on the stickey at the top of this forum.

The only thing I can think of would be serious flooding, but that would need to travel thru the engine/exhaust to come out the bottom. If that much fuel went into a cylinder I don't think the engine would turn over.

*Don't try and start this out of the water without the proper flush kit.

Last edited:

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Did it run when you bought it ?? Did the previous owner tell you it did ???