1993 Yamaha VXR Pro bad carb

klauricella

Cadet
New to Waverunners and we just bought two older ones for our kids. One did not start it is a 1993 Yamaha VXR Pro Waverunner. Everything else looked good on it. When I got it home the the carb had water in it and rusted up the needle seat and retaining screw. Want to get a new carb but can only find newer models. So question is would a carb from a 1997 Yamaha Waverunner Waveraider 700 fit? The part numbers are really close and they look the same.

Thanks
Kevin

robcarync

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1993 Yamaha VXR Pro bad carb

I dont know if it does off the top of my head but the older Yamaha's had the Mikuni Super BN carb

http://www.atlanticjetsport.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1084

which this shows that the carb was on the VXR pro and the waverunners (This is the carb on my 94 waverunner III)

On a side note, at this site you can order replacement parts....rebuild kits....new needles and seats...if the actual body of the carb looks OK, you may just want a thorough rebuild with new gaskets, screws, blow it out with compressed air and carb cleaner, etc

klauricella

Cadet
Re: 1993 Yamaha VXR Pro bad carb

I had planned on rebuilding until I opened it up. The screw heads are rusted really bad and would have to be drilled out. Not worth the headache if I can just get a used one for $100.

Thanks
Kevin