94 polaris ski 650 won't start.

tankdriver

Cadet
Last weekend I got tipped over side ways. There was a little water inside the engine dept. It woudn't turn over when I got back on. I'd hit the start button it would just make a little beep noise. After about 10 mins it finally began to turn the engine over. Then it ran fine. But when i took it the lake this weekend. It would only make the beep noise and now it does nothing, but I can also hear a little sizzle noise. I think something fried????? Or is it just the start button that fired? Anyone have any ideas?
:-(

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 94 polaris ski 650 won't start.

Last weekend I got tipped over side ways. There was a little water inside the engine dept. It woudn't turn over when I got back on. I'd hit the start button it would just make a little beep noise. After about 10 mins it finally began to turn the engine over. Then it ran fine. But when i took it the lake this weekend. It would only make the beep noise and now it does nothing, but I can also hear a little sizzle noise. I think something fried????? Or is it just the start button that fired? Anyone have any ideas?
:-(

It could be several things. Have you opened the electrical box to see if water got in there?

Are all the wires (ground, positive to the starter) tight and corrosion-free?

Also, with the seat off and the ski out of water check to see if you can hear a clicking noise when you hit the start button. If you can, go to the starter solenoid and jump it with a screwdriver across the two nuts with the big red wires. If it turns over then replace the solenoid. If it does not turn over then it is your starter.

tankdriver

Cadet

No water it seems got into the box. It makes one click then thats it. I can not find the solenoid. Its not in plain sight. :-(

carguy87

Recruit

You can try to hit the reset button on your cdi. If that doesn't work, you'll have to check voltage to the starter. Common problem would be the ground cable mounting to the bottom of the engine, try to clean that and tighten it to verify it is good.

tankdriver

Cadet

friend got it to start, then after he turned it off then it went right back to not even turning over? He thinks its the starter??