Painting jet ski

Seadoo-nut

Cadet
Hello I'm in need of some painting advise to cut a long story
Short I've got a Seadoo gtx which I disassembled and had several
Quotes to paint it in black 2 PAC I ended up settling for a quote
(not the cheapest) but sounded like he knew what he was doing what a
Mistake when I picked it up it was covered in dust and raining so I couldn't really
See the workmanship but look ok wasn't till I got it home ane cleaned it up my heart
Just sank it had 4 runs it the paint and dust every wear in paint I took it back he told me to take my jet ski and f@&k off (great customer service) so now I've got a delemer
I dont won't to over capitalize on it and need a reasonably cheap fix I had the runs and dust buffed out as much as possible to wear it looks resectable but im not sure what to do I'm I'm worried the paint is thin in areas due to buffing so should I clear coat it now? Or will clear coat flake off due to the riggers off jet ski use? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

denlou

Seaman
Re: Painting jet ski

If your thinking about clearcoating it wouldn't cost that much more to spray a couple of coats of black on then wetsand then spray your clear, but, to answer your question, no the clearcoat shouldn't peel as long as you use the same type of paint and prep the surface properly.

You really have nothing to lose by leaving it the way it is as long as your happy with it.
If the paints too thin you'll start to see the color underneath eventually, but that could take years.

thesignguy

Seaman

My .02 is you should have had your PWC wraped instead of being painted. Any good local sign shop should be able to help you out, wrap it and forget about it. The best thing is when you go to sell it if the new owner does not like your Black wrap you can remove it to have the original scheme.

Seadoo-nut

Cadet

Cheers thanks for your advise I think
I will head down that path with a more
Reputable spray painter

Seadoo-nut

Cadet

Hello
Yes I originally enquired about vinyl
wrap with my local sign writter but was