Spark Plug issues...

Polaris3

Recruit
I have a 1994 Polaris SLT 750. just had a brand new engine put in and carbs cleaned. The only problem is i keep going through spark plugs, they keep fouling out on me, after about 3-4 hours of riding time the ski will start to just slow down out of no where and die. ill pull the choke out and it will be fine again for about a couple of sec till i start getting speed agian it will slow down (not give power ) or die. ive been cleaning the spark plugs off and putting them back in and they will last a little longer but im just tired of changing spark plugs so much i shouldnt have to.

formanrjr

Cadet
Re: Spark Plug issues...

got this off another post,
The fuel inlet needles in the carbs are leaking. Whe the tank pressurizes, fuel is forced into the engine. Good reason to shut the fuel off before storgae. If the tank vent is defective/stuck it's typical for this to happen if the ski is left outside.

It's messy and will take a few sets of plugs, but you are nearly there. Btw, it Ramon. lol

Carbs may need a rebuld/clean up. Small price compared to the time/mess/risk of dealing with this problem more then once[/U][/I][/B]

formanrjr

Cadet
Re: Spark Plug issues...

Also said you could have water in the tank causing your plugs to foul out. Could be a hair line crack or something. Also check your vacuum lines. I did notice water and fuel around your engine bay.