1995 seadoo and beeping noise

postman1656

Recruit
I have a 1995 seadoo sp, start stop switch went out while at the lake. I direct connected them to be able to use it. Worked ok. When I got home and took switch off another seadoo, spi, now all it does is beep. Nothing else. How do I get it to start and stop the beeping. Thanks for any help at all

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: 1995 seadoo and beeping noise

I'm not positive, but I think the computer has to be programmed to read the key. The computer is saying that it isn't the correct key for that craft. It's a safety feature, so that no other hammerhead can use their key to steal your ride. The dealer can reprogram your Doo for the new key, but I don't think it's gonna be cheap.

postman1656

Recruit

thanks for the suggestion. Dont think that is the problem, cause I bought a regular old plug for the lander and it has been working fine. Mine are so old they do not have that theft protection on them. But thanks.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Dude, yours is a 1995. I have a 1996 GTX at it has that feature. The key is programmed to the computer.

sdride

Seaman

Your ski does not have the DESS key system (1996 and newer does) so that's out. Check all the fuses but the only other thing that i can think of is an issue with the MPEM (computer). Can you short the starter to get it to turn over. Also if you remove the switch and hot wire it like you had it do you have the same issue?

postman1656

Recruit

think solenoid is bad, jumped across it and starter turned over but now no fire to plugs. Will a bad solenoid stop fire to the plugs?

Leedanger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes a bad solenoid will stop the craft from starting. I may be wrong on this but I think there is a warning buzzer for that year attached to the oiler (oil injection system). I'd recommend looking into that.