1996 Sea Rayder Sport Jet 120xr

mhanna2755

Recruit
I was given this boat. The engine fires and runs, its has the wash down on it. I put it in the water without checking the ride plate. I was never able to get it up on plane. I checked it out this morning and was horrified. 4 of the screws have been replaced with non-stainless bolts. If I have to drill these out, are they tap-able? The wear ring and prop looks good, the engine has good compression on all cyylinders, the ride plate seems to be the only problem. From the attached pictures, how much of a hassle is it going to be to fix this? I search the boards as best as I can, where can I find a diagram and parts list for this, or a reliable source for the service manual in PDF. Or does any body just know what bolts to use?

Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• 2011-02-20_10-22-58_617.jpg
    2011-02-20_10-22-58_617.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-02-20_10-22-40_433.jpg
    2011-02-20_10-22-40_433.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-02-20_10-24-36_938.jpg
    2011-02-20_10-24-36_938.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1996 Sea Rayder Sport Jet 120xr

Step one is to remove the ride plate and see if it is bent and check the condition of the threads . Not that bad of a job to do . the ride plate needs to be flush with the hull and the gasket must not be torn. looks like yours could just be loose or improperly installed . Take it off take more pics and we will get you back in the water soon . Stainless steel replacement screws are a must do and you may want to consider nauticus trim tabs , they work wonders. NEVER START THIS BOAT OUT OF WATER !! IT WILL DAMAGE THE HULL AND RIDE PLATE !! ( see the first post on this forum section ) This might have already happened but pull it to see.

guitarsjm

Cadet
Re: 1996 Sea Rayder Sport Jet 120xr

Step one is to remove the ride plate and see if it is bent and check the condition of the threads . Not that bad of a job to do . the ride plate needs to be flush with the hull and the gasket must not be torn. looks like yours could just be loose or improperly installed . Take it off take more pics and we will get you back in the water soon . Stainless steel replacement screws are a must do and you may want to consider nauticus trim tabs , they work wonders. NEVER START THIS BOAT OUT OF WATER !! IT WILL DAMAGE THE HULL AND RIDE PLATE !! ( see the first post on this forum section ) This might have already happened but pull it to see.

just came upon this post... question or two.... getting an f16 with the 120 true merc engine.... when flushing, dont u run the engine for a few seconds? i noticed the trim plate comment... which nauticus model would i look at (the cheaper for now is fine) from their site? thanks... i also need the reverse gate cable and finding it hard to find.... any help is appreciated