90 sport jet pump.

ccustomrides

Seaman
Ok guys I am new to this jet thing. I wanted to drain the pump oil before the winter. I want to do this since I dont know how long it will take me to get the engine serviced.
Anyway...
I looked under the boat and did manage to see on plug/screw. I unscrewed that plug and nothing really came out. I hear there is a fill screw and vent screw. Where is it and how do I fill it. I only see one big screw and other screws look like they hold the ride plate. Also what lubes do I put in the drive? I know that I need fill it from the buttom but how? and is there also some other lube in the fron tof the pump?
Thanks.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 90 sport jet pump.

Since you are putting her up for winter and replacing or rebuilding the engine I really suggest you get Clymer manual number w815 available at the store that sponsors this site . It covers everything , just ignore the ignition sections as they are outdated and specs are wrong but all mechanical procedures are correct . It covers all servicing needs , engine overhaul , carbs , jet drive and tuning . If you do not have 25 bucks to spend on this see the advice in my signature ;)