90 hp sport jet help

ccustomrides

Seaman
Hello guys,
My buddy just got a super clean and solid 1993 Bayliner Jazz jet boat. Everything is looking tip top shape including the new cushions. Only problem is the engine. Guy he got it from said it overheated and end of story. Block looks decent just needs to be machined. Pistons are shot and I think he needs a new rebuild kit to get all the new parts. Flywheel included had magnets broken off. Everything else looks to be there. So my question is this?
Does it make sense for him to keep the boat?
Is there any places to buy used 90 HP jets?
Prices I see on the web for 2000 grand? Is that for powerhead only or do they include pump?
Also is still possible to get parts for it like a flywheel?
2 connecting rods are missing? Do those come in a kit or is he out of luck?( not the piston rod but the piece that holds it on the crank)
Is there any other options he might have to repower this boat.
Thanks a ton guys.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 90 hp sport jet help

post up what you need , no marine powerhead will include the drive , rods are available . flywheels are available , you need to read the first post in this thread and tell me what you have and what you need and we can get it running.

ccustomrides

Seaman

OK.
I think what I need is the complete rebuild kit to start with. I do have everything else I think. Where do I take it to get machined is another story. Also I dont think I have the tools to press the pistons in and so on.
I would love to find someone here with a used 90 or for someone to walk me thru the process. The piece that holds the rod to the crank is missing. So I dont know if they sell them. Looks like engine was taking on water from a blown headgasket and locked up. I just want to do it right and so it runs for years to come.
Thanks.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK sounds like you have a motor that will need a full rebuild kit plus rods , rebuild kit is like 800.00 I have an ebay link if you want it ,the part you are missing is a rod cap , only comes with new rods , rods are 250 each that is 1500.00 there without any labor or machine work . I can send a link for rebuilds at 1700 each . Let me know which way you want to go and I will send a link via PM .

ccustomrides

Seaman

I think rebuilds is the way to go. Also is there any place I can get just the magnets for the flywheel instead of buying new wheel. I will wait for the PM. Thanks a ton.

profade

Cadet

How many of the magnets do you need? I also have (4) coils and wires that fit the 90, they are all like brand new, I might have the trigger also, and a used stator. I might have some other odds and ends. I will make you a deal on any of it that you might need to get you going.

ccustomrides

Seaman

I think I need 2 magnets. Send me a PM with all the parts you have. I will be looking into all the parts and what I need and dont need in the next few days. Thanks.