Flushing 95 Yamaha WaveVenture 700

Creativbs

Recruit
I have a 95 Yamaha WVT700T that does not have a flush kit. I located the port at the rear of the cylinder head where a fitting could be placed to connect a hose to a flush kit. This would be ideal if I could find the fitting that will screw into the head. I measured the screw that normally seals that port and it is only 7.55 mm and the opening is less than that (less than 1/8"). I also have taken the screw to match up the threads and I believe they are not standard. The adaptor would have to have the correct threads on one side and a 3/8" barb on the other. I was thinking about making an inline flush kit using the inlet 3/8" hose but then I need to use a check valve or a on/off valve to avoid the water going out the back of the ski.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The Penguin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Flushing 95 Yamaha WaveVenture 700

as a guess, that is a 1/8" NPT threaded hole.

you can find a 1/8" NPT x 3/8" hose barb fitting at almost any hardware store.

your other idea is correct, use a 3/8" hose barb tee on the main line coming off the pump. cut the tee in with the pump low running straight through from the pump to the intake.

your water hose would connect via an adapter to the side outlet of the tee.

no need for a check valve, you'll get plenty of water through the hose to flush the engine.

hdflor4uft

Recruit
Re: Flushing 95 Yamaha WaveVenture 700

"as a guess, that is a 1/8" NPT threaded hole.

you can find a 1/8" NPT x 3/8" hose barb fitting at almost any hardware store."

I know this post is old but I found it through google. If you all read this the threads for the threaded hole is not 1/8" NPT. It is Metric M8, and the threads are not NPT they are machine threads. I couldn't find a part for this anywhere and went ahead and ordered a flush kit from ebay.