1994 sea rayder engine swap?

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1994 sea rayder engine swap?

OK this is what I had suspected , I do know you can get the force ignition system to work but you will then be on your own as there are no parts lists or repair specs as the system needs to vary from stock force set up to work . SO the first thing I would do is to pull the motor for 3 reasons :
1 check the crank to jetdrive match and be sure that it is a SJ engine and not a force , if it is a force you will see abnormal wear on the splines.
2 Yes it is easier to work on
3 you are going to have to redo the engine compartment harness cause it is no wheres near stock .
Your best option would be to get the CDM conversion kit pn 835084a1 which will have everything you need , it is like 800.00 but by the time you put everything back to stock you will spend more than that .
The only downside is that the cdm flywheel is no longer available so if the one in the kit fails you will have to get a Coil type flywheel and trigger then ground the white/black trigger wire and switch the fireing order of the CDM packs cause your timing will be 120 degrees off. , Someone did this earlier this year and it works just fine.

john doe123

Cadet

sounds good, when i gather a bit of money, ill buy everything i need in one shot. just to save on shipping.

one last question....a complete rebuild would cost how much in pieces? are all the parts availible for a complete rebuild?

(rebuild meaning get this engine working like a brand new one....willing to spend what it takes, im just not the greatest mechanicly so i think that i will get a buddy to help out or just pay him to do it.)

before i order parts, ill check and see make sure i do have a sport jet90 and not a force, and ill try and get as many part numbers as possible

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There is a great rebuild kit on ebay from someone I have saved as a favorite seller , the kit has everything you need except for reed valves . it is only 750.00 . next time I am on ebay i will find one of those kits , post the link then you need to save the seller to your favorites so when you are ready you can find his latest isting .