Need help with bogging/surging/hesistation with 92 yamaha waverunner 650cc

2BNVIED

Recruit
I just recently sold my 1992 yamaha waverunner iii (650cc) and the new owner called and said that he was experiencing hestitation issues. I am the second owner and in total have ridden this ski approx ten times. I just recently changed the fuel filter, the spark plugs and flushed it out. It starts fine and will run at about 10 mph but then sounds/act like it wants to bog out. Any suggestions anyone? I feel horrible. Hopefully its just a quick fix.

HYDROBUFF

Cadet
Re: Need help with bogging/surging/hesistation with 92 yamaha waverunner 650cc

I just recently sold my 1992 yamaha waverunner iii (650cc) and the new owner called and said that he was experiencing hestitation issues. I am the second owner and in total have ridden this ski approx ten times. I just recently changed the fuel filter, the spark plugs and flushed it out. It starts fine and will run at about 10 mph but then sounds/act like it wants to bog out. Any suggestions anyone? I feel horrible. Hopefully its just a quick fix.

Im guessing it is a fuel issue,possibly he used ethynol gas or got some other foriegn substance in fuel.As for the quick fix ,if you call cleaning carbs,fuel lines,and gas tank quick then yeah. Hope this helps

Andre900

Cadet

I had a similar issue one week after buying my '97 Yamaha Waverunner 700. The shop replaced the coil and CDI electronic controller and it acclerates nicely now, no more bogging. Though now it only hits about 20 MPH and looks like it needs a new impeller.

Leedanger

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have one that for some reason will bog after an idle, but if you just flip the choke lever (very quickly) while attempting to take off, it riches up the mixture and she hauls *** after that until you stop and idle for a period of time again. Obviously that's not a fix all for a lean running machine, but it will work possibly for a time.