Hats Off To Jeff-Walkowiak

hanses

Cadet
You have helped so many people out here , its time for you to get a special "THANKS FROM US ALL" Free professional help dosent come along every day. Unless its from you , Hope your buisness is healthy and profitable,,If you werent so far away i would send you all my vehicles!!!!! P_S Hanses

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Hats Off To Jeff-Walkowiak

I'll second that .. Jeff is AWESOME !! He has helped so many people in here , myself included.

Thanks JEFF !!!!

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

you are all quite welcome,, but I really didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Attachments

• RedneckIceFishing.jpg
    RedneckIceFishing.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0

turn2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just recently heard of iboats. I joined to seek info on a suzuki outboard . I meandered over to the pwc section and read awhile. I have found info from Jeff that will help me with 2 problem skis I have had in my lot for over a year. I cant wait for the snow to melt to try his advice. So I have to agree with the mass and thank you for your unmasked information.

hanses

Cadet

Hey Jeff ,You commented previously for my problem -w- my 96 polaris 700 SLT. It ran great then wouldent start after it was shut off--- You stated the diaphrams were a likley blame. I decided to take the carbs completely apart and to my suprise everything inside was clean and looked as new. I only had it in the lake one time since i bought it to discover it wouldent start after it was shut off -just as the previous owner told me he had the same problem. I will know more on the second test drive ,i would like a suggestion if you have one . Thanks as always Hanses

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

I had one that flooded when it sat and it would not restart when it was warm,, had one that was having trouble getting fuel to the carbs and it was difficult to start,, there are many things that can cause the issue,, the carbs are the first suspect, weak ignition is another,, water in the fuel or low octane is another,, I had one with bad plug wires,, the cores were bad and it always ran when it was cold but as soon as it warmed up it would start to skip and then it refused to re start,, so you will need to eliminate one possible issue at a time

hanses

Cadet

Thats a 10-4, I will test drive it a second time in a few days and be prepaired to do some tests right on the shore. Have a good weekend.

hanses

Cadet

This test drive it never left the trailer. It fired up long enough to put my vest on and would not start again that day. Clean carbs-great fuel delivery-clean filters -took plugs out on shore did have spark but seems to be a weak spark. Ime leaning to the black electric controll box now.Mabe the spark is too weak to fire under the pressures of the cumbustion stroke?? Weak coils?? CDI ?? What has the black box exploritory given up to you in the past?? Lot of fricken wires in it for a simple engine. Ime getting a hunch back from leaning over this ski.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

on electrical issues you need to carefully check and clean every ground wire and conection

hanses

Cadet

Opened up the black box and everything was tight clean ,like new. The small controll box inside -says made in germany- has some hairline cracks on top, seems like just plastic aging, not sute if its a hint or not. She still will start one day and not the next. one hour not the next. 95 lbs pressure test seems low but the 1 day it ran on the lake it ran like new. No good repair shops in the town i live in or i would have caved in already to have this fixed. Do you have a final guess before i take it out and shoot it.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

start with the big battery ground where it bolts to the engine,, clean it then clean every other ground wire you can find, also be sure the cores of the spark plug wires are good, remove the plug boots and use a needle nose ot pull on the core wires and be sure they haven't deteriorated inside .

hanses

Cadet

Hey Jeff, i had already checked those things a long tome ago all grounds are accounted for.. The plug wires are like new with the screw into copper boot, absoultly clean and like new . I will need to start buying black box components to cure this, i found coils for 40$ and wont whine at all about that price, but is it likely to be something else in your opinion? the process of elimination has eliminated damn near everything but the brain.

The Penguin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd look at those plug wires again.

remove the plug caps and look at the electrode inside the plug wire.

if you can't see the electrode wire - there's your problem, using wire cutters - trim the plug wire back until you see electrode.

also - the electrode wire can get brittle over the years and break in the middle of the wire causing intermittent spark problems.

lightningleo

Recruit

Jeff I just took on 1996 Sea Doo and it's getting no spark. Cleaned the grounds on the battery, coil box, and engine block by the starter. What next ??

Leedanger

Petty Officer 1st Class

You have helped so many people out here , its time for you to get a special "THANKS FROM US ALL" Free professional help dosent come along every day. Unless its from you , Hope your buisness is healthy and profitable,,If you werent so far away i would send you all my vehicles!!!!! P_S Hanses
I'll reply to the original thread.... :) It's super hard to find good advise and when these GD things cost so much to fix, I am humble and grateful for all the advise that comes my way. I'll cheers to Jeff as well along with all the other fine gentlemen that volunteer their time attempting to help all us DYI guys from going broke. Cheers!