tillotson carbs idle tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a 94 sport jet by Mercury / Force , Tillotson carbs numbers wb114 , wb115 , wb116 , The owners manual I have refeances to Idle tubes going from the top of the carb to the fuel bowl , The Pic of my carbs do not list them as a part . They are on the "late model" carbs , It looks like someone cut one of these off in the carb and the other two have none .. Do I need them ?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: tillotson carbs idle tubes

If they are plastic, dealer should be able to find number. If engine is 4 cylinder Merc, they only idle on 2 carbs, the other carbs may not have the idle tubes.

treat44

Recruit

I'm curious about this as well. My 94 90 hp merc sport jet tillotson carbs have these idle tubes also. They must be pressed out to remove main jet. While pressing them out, they buckled and collapsed and need to be replaced but they're not on any parts diagram I could find.

I would think this would be a typical R&R item for general carb rebuild. Why is this so hard to find?

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yes you need them , They are still available from merc , If you need me to I can post a part number of you post the WB number of each carb that is stamped on the mounting flange on the intake side.

DD98

Recruit

I too would like to know if there are parts still available for these carbs. I have a 91 Force 90 and they seem to share some of the parts. If you have any info that would be great. The nozzle that screws into the bottom of the carb is not in good shape. It was stuck and I almost destroyed it taking it out. I have looked it up and it seems that it is not available anymore. I can still use it but would feel safer if I got a new one. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Chris

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

See the thread above they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.