Shuttle Craft

383cross

Cadet
Anyone have any experience with these, I recently was presented with a chance to purchase one and while it's an interesting concept which would really fit my watersports needs I havent heard anything good or bad about them? Anyone?

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Shuttle Craft

No personal experience, but I've researched them. Here's what I've learned:

- they will hold more people than the PWC alone.
- the PWC must work extremely hard to get a Shuttlecraft on plane.
- the Shuttlecraft does not like rough conditions.
- they seem to work best when used only as a method to get a crowd from the dock to an anchoring spot, then unhooking the PWC, using the Shuttlecraft as a "homebase".
- if not adjusted properly, the PWC can be damaged when docked inside a Shuttlecraft.

IMO, they're not worth the money new, but might be worthy if one can be had for next to nothing. Again, just my opinion (with 30 years boating experience).

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

imho, they are over rated, over priced. you can do the same thing, with 4 oil drums, some 2x4's and plywood. boom box, umbrella and lawn chairs. then you tow it out.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

funny because I was asked about those once,, the person was going to purchase one for 2500 to bring camping gear out on an island with his p w c,, my advice was buy a 14 foot aluminum v hull boat used for about 500 bucks load your gear in it and and tow the boat with the p w c.

ajfalken

Recruit

Does anyone know where I can get replacement seats for a 1996 Shuttlecraft Jet Sport and an Instruction Manual. Recently got a very good price on one that needs a bit of work but after it's done will be great fun.