1996 Regal Rush XP

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
hi; my wife and i are looking for a small boat to tow behind our big boat to use for a play,runaroud and exploring. we saw the above boat today and it looks like it is something we could use. it looks more like a over sized jet ski than a boat and has a mercury 120 drive. i think the 120 means 120 hp?? l'm guessing it is a 2 stroke motor. l think the dealer told me it is 14 ft long and it comes with a trailer. i realy havent seen any thing like it and hope you jet ski guys can set me straight on these.
first will it haul 2 adults and our 70lb dog? would want to go at least 25mph.
how much fuel will you burn putting around and then playing? i know there are a lot of factors that will make a difference so this is kind of a open ended question but rough guess is fine
is there something wrong with these that makes them not very popular??
asking price was 5000 and i offered 4000 and they didnt like my offer so this may all be a mute point. but i still would like to find out more and maybe keep looking for one. allso this one is in average to a little below shape. scraches on the hull and faded and small tears in the seats. could have seen a little better care.
:cool:

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1996 Regal Rush XP

honestly,, forgetaboutit,they don't make them any more,, they have a lot of electrical issues and even at $$3000 it is too much for that boat, and they eat a lot of gas,I purchased one 6 years ago and it looked new,, only paid 2500 for it ,, had to replace all the electrical in the power head , brain etc.. notorious for blowing the stators brains etc.

rush.xp

Recruit
Re: 1996 Regal Rush XP

hi; my wife and i are looking for a small boat to tow behind our big boat to use for a play,runaroud and exploring. we saw the above boat today and it looks like it is something we could use. it looks more like a over sized jet ski than a boat and has a mercury 120 drive. i think the 120 means 120 hp?? l'm guessing it is a 2 stroke motor. l think the dealer told me it is 14 ft long and it comes with a trailer. i realy havent seen any thing like it and hope you jet ski guys can set me straight on these.
first will it haul 2 adults and our 70lb dog? would want to go at least 25mph.
how much fuel will you burn putting around and then playing? i know there are a lot of factors that will make a difference so this is kind of a open ended question but rough guess is fine
is there something wrong with these that makes them not very popular??
asking price was 5000 and i offered 4000 and they didnt like my offer so this may all be a mute point. but i still would like to find out more and maybe keep looking for one. allso this one is in average to a little below shape. scraches on the hull and faded and small tears in the seats. could have seen a little better care.
:cool:
I have a 1996 rush XP and let me tell you this jet boat is easy to tow around, lightweight, and very fun to ride around areas with people. Its fast enough to make my hat blow off and powerful to pull a float with 2 adults while two is already in the boat. This is like a big jetski but safer and roomier that you can sit four adults or three adults and two kids. And still go 40 mph. It is inexpensive tgatnjs to its petite body design and simpleness. But it has 120hp that will jet across the lake gravely. I haven't had major problems with jet motor. Usual tuneups and winterize properly like a normal boat and you wont have to worry. Its like a honda civic. Small. Fast. Dependable. Affordable. I definitely recommend buying one for personal pleasure or family activity.