96 xp 800 seadoo wont keep a charge

dexed

Recruit
well i just bought this last week1996xp800 sea-doo engin just rebuilt, new power trim<vts??>, has new computer, new batterie. runs fine low speed and out of the water, anything above low speed drains battery. charge batterie runs fast and good. changed power regulator, same thing ,checked all fuses in cpu and coil, unpluged all guages , same thing, unplugged power trim(vts?) same thing, drains batterie. so i bought the stator400$, still same thing runs great till baterie dies(not charging). everything is like new what now besides throwing a car batterie in there last me more then 5 min. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 96 xp 800 seadoo wont keep a charge

even if the charging circut did not work ,, the engine should run for 3 or 4 hours off the battery,, you have a dead short someplace,,

dexed

Recruit

i noticed that the cpu. that they replaced has one extra wire then the old cpu. could the dead short be in the conection of that cpu?

dexed

Recruit

well it turns out that the shop A.E.ALGONQUIN (bombardier dealer) in sudbury. when they rebuilt the engin did not check or did not care about the ring gap or the sleave to make sure it was sized up properly, today they happen to mention that its happenned before were the piston was to tight in the jug and it would not run, so they recommended that i let it idle for a few hours with the water hose connected , well what do u know blew the piston, opennned it up right tight no play at all the other one was somewhat ok, THEY SUCK just thought id let yous know y my engin keeped dying :the sleave or piston when heated expands a bit and jams the piston in the sleave , then i kill the battery try to restart it. lol not realy :mad:

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

any mechanic that told you to run a 800 engine on a hose for a COUPLE OF HOURS is a total MORON.