How much is a 1998 Tigershark XP worth?

DSC07

Recruit
I am looking at a set of jet skis. One is 1998 Tigershark XP and the other is a 1997 Tigershark. They come on a two place trailer. both have new batteries and output shaft barrings. Im new to the whole jet ski thing and i need some help.

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much is a 1998 Tigershark XP worth?

ive heard to avoid tigershark like the plague because they have gone out of business and its near impossible to find parts.. id go with Yamaha if i bought one..im by no means an expert but i wanted to post just in case someone else more experienced didn't respond..

eastcoastsalt

Recruit

Tigershark PWCs were manufactured by ArticCat, who also makes ATVs and snowmobiles. The PWCs had Suzuki engines and ran fast. ArticCat pulled out of the business around 99 or 00. I would stay away from Tigershark, parts are becoming harder and harder to find. Most former dealers have stopped supplying parts. The best place to get parts now is on ebay. They did use Mikuni carbs, which helps the situation, but still, if you need a shaft or stator, it could be a long, hard hunt.

Take a look at Yamaha. They seem to be the most reliable, and parts are readily available.

Camlocker

Cadet

They also don't make anymore 1999 Ford F150's either. Don't beleive everything you hear. Parts are very easy to find and more than enough places besides EBAY sell them. Alphasports.com, SBT, Brownsleisureworld, I can go on and on.

I recently bought two Tigersharks, 1997 Montego 640 and 1998 Monte Carlo 770. They both run excellent and have been very meticulously taken care of. I got both skis, double trailer, life jackets and lots of other goodies for $3 grand. I did have new reeds put in the 770, but both run very good and if I needed any parts, they're a click away.

I don't mean to be harsh, but forums are good for some things, but advice on a purchase is not one of them. Everyone will steer you in the direction they think you should go. You can miss out on the deal of a lifetime if someone said to avoid it like the plague....all because his third cousin on his daddy's side heard it from a neighbor who's brother talked to somebody with a similar situation who found out it may be something similar that happened to a buddy of his a few years back......oh well:rolleyes:. It's your money, spend it like you earned it.

Funny, I also hear to avoid SeaDoo's and Mercury's like the plague, but see them everywhere I go.

DSC07, check out www.pwctoday.com for any questions you may have regarding your purchase.