2 Stroke Oil Whats Best

greg_bingham

Cadet
Re: 2 Stroke Oil Whats Best

PASS!

( i use seadoo syn, though maxima, motul, and others make good oils- people run skis for years on good old quicksilver tcwIII...)

greg

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class

What are you putting it in? I think Seadoos require their own oil for warranty purposses, and it ain't cheap! I own 3 mid 90's 2 stroke Yamaha's and get my oil at Walmart. Good stuff too, it's Penzoil semi synthetic and it's less than $13 a gallon! Try it, you'll like it!:D

800sxr

Cadet

be careful on the seadoo engines, some of them require seadoo oil or else you will damage the oil injection pump. I run johnson/evinrudes xd 50 in my 800 sxr and after taking the engine apart with 50+ hours and there was no carbon build up and hardly any wear i will be using that oil for a long time to come. There was nothing wrong with the engine i was just replaceing the top end before a race.

Camlocker

Cadet

Seadoos require API-TC because of their Powervalves. There are only a select few that use this type oil. Majority of others run TCW-3, which is an ashless oil that doesn't foul the plugs like previous versions. I have experimented with Quicksilver, Super Tech, Valvoline and Pennzoil Premium Plus, and the Pennzoil gives me the best results. It is a semi-synthetic and burns cleaner and have yet to foul a plug. It's cheap, too. $13 a gallon at Wally World.

Vikesfan

Seaman

I use Amsoil Interceptor on my modified 98 XP. Never had a problem and it is usually cheaper than the Seadoo XPS stuff.