Tigershark 770 no power over 30 MPH

Jimmyboot

Cadet
I have a tiger shark 770 daytona and for some reason we cant get it to go over 35 mph unless you are a small person. My roomate weighs about 100 pounds and goes 50 on it but i ama 260 pound guy and can only go 35 on it. they also have trouble on it with my 2 roomates on it which whent hey are both on it it only seems to go 30 and has trouble getting out of the water. I am trying to find out why this is happening because i know it is a 90 HP and should be able to pull a skier or wakeboarder but i know it would never be able too. Just trying to find some solutions to our problem we are going to check the propeler today and we are still going to look at the carbs any other suggestions?

Jimmy boot

Mike H

Cadet
Re: Tigershark 770 no power over 30 MPH

It must have overheated at some point
when this happen there is a small round thing under the manafold
this needs to be replace $100 ask how i no

this is an over ride proteck for the engen when it get two hot it go bad

this is from and old form

Ok, I have the same ski and have had the same problem except mine would run fine for about 15 seconds and then cut back to one cylinder. Sounds like you have the same prfoblem and the Good news is that you have a bad sensor. I have 3 different skis of different makes and the tigershark is the only one with this sensor but seems to be a Great idea. Look on your manifold and you will see a tempeture sensor held in by a screw, take out screw and replace it. Its made to shut the sysem down to almost an idle when engine gets hot to keep from blowing head gaskets or the motor its self. I replaced mine and it runs like a new one untill last week when my coil wire went bad. Say do you want to sell your old coil and wires? I think this is your problem since I have 2 tigersharks and both have had this problem. Good luck! Maxx

Jimmyboot

Cadet

Well thanks i remember reading that forum also and thanks we are looking into that but i think i know why it overheated we were looking at it last night and i took off the guard by the driveshaft. I found that the floating bearing assembly seems to be wrong like one of the bearings is crooked and we need to get it replaced i am sure so that could be why also why the engine runs hot because that bearing is actually causing grinding and that is why it has no power. I am just wondering if that could be it too and also causing it to go over 30-35 but i bet the sensor is bad if the engine has been over heating constantly. i will take picutures and put them up to show you the problem. I wanted to have a mechanic do the job but no one repairs them around here so looks like me and my roomies who are mechanics have to try to fix it. Any ideas on how to fix a Floating bearing assembly the part if you look at the schematics is 14 in the engine and related assembly. http://www.alpha-sports.com/arctic_cat_tigershark_parts.htm that is where you can look at the schematics. and thanks again.

Jimmyboot

Cadet

We just looked at that part and found it was just one of the rubber seals that was bad so now we are going to try the Heat sensor on the manafold as you said man i really dont want to buy one the cheapest one i can find is 109 dollars so yeah crap. Well just give me some more hints on what this could be. Oil filter? Carb? Heatsensor? And the jetskis did sit for a year and a half outside in winter and all before we got our hands on them.

Mike H

Cadet

Sensor whould be my guess but some times any water leaks in the engen
will make it run poor after this i think it time to take it to the shop ouch!

Mike H

Attachments

• Tiger shark.JPG
    Tiger shark.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 0

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

when they sit that long you almost always need to rebuild the carbs

Jimmyboot

Cadet

Ok so rebuild the carbs sounds good and yeah i was going to take it to a shop but there are no places around here that work on Tigersharks we live in woodbury MN and i cant find anyone all the dealers say the dont work on them anymore so who would i take it to. Also we just got the heat sensor off and we are goign to try running water through it and putting the sensor back on and also the carbs and oil filter. We will see what happens hopefully it goes well if not damn that sucks. Well anymore feed back would be great like what parts of the carbs go bad in it?