cleaning or bypassing oil injection 94 yamaha VXR Pro

Tulsaokie

Recruit
I haven't ran either of my 3 jet skiis for 2 years. All are auto-oil injection. Shouldn't I remove the old 2 cyl oil and clean before attempting to start? If so how much trouble is it? Also, does anyone know how to bypass the oil injectors on a 94 Yamaha VXR and VXR PRO and 1990 Kawasaki 650TS? Thanks.

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: cleaning or bypassing oil injection 94 yamaha VXR Pro

you need to clean the oil tank every year
you could run pre-mix but u will need to buy a block off plate for the oil pump or you could just leave it in if u wanted

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

Get RID of the oil injection and run premix. Your motor and wallet will thank you when the oil pump goes bad and you jsut saved both your motor and wallet from annihilation
Rob

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class

Going premix is a no brainer and it's super easy. I have never seen a pump fail, but I have heard of a couple of oil feeder lines coming off of the carb, and when that happens, you will have no warning when your engine ceases to exist. I have 1-'95 and 2-'96 Ventures and changing them over to premix was (almost) the very first thing I did to them, so I never gave the pump a chance to fail or lines to come off. Another benefit is that you never have to clean up oil off your shiny ski from over filling your tank! I only had to clean mine up one time, and that was enough to persuade me to go premix. You can get the block off kits on eBay or get them from Riva or maybe your local motorsports shop. If you have the display that shows 3 bars for you oil level, you can either leave the tank full of oil, or what I did was cut the 2 wires that go from the tank to the dash and wirenut them together, so my display always shows 3 bars and doesn't blink constantly because it's empty.