Bayliner Reflexx questions

Daremo

Seaman Apprentice
Having trouble getting a few questions answered about this boat that I am new to. Its a 1995 Bayliner Reflexx w/a Sport Jet 90 sn# OE100528

I had some ignition issues, but thanks to CDI, their tech support figured out what the deal was with the wiring colors almost immediately and it looks like the motor is ready to go. Then I cleaned out the engine bay and the rest of the boat 1st and then discovered the ride plate sitting up under the bow.

Looking it over, its kinda beat up and one side half way up is kinked a bit. Should I just replace the plate? How important is the seal? The outer edge is a bit cut in places, but the upper or inner part the seal that should seal against the tunnel looks to be in good shape. If I need another plate, its 310$ from the local place near me, anywhere online I can find this used perhaps?

Also 1 of the foam rubber inserts that are on either side of the pump in the tunnel isnt quite in the slot, its kind of pinched towards the rear. Is that a significant issue? Should I drop the jet and re-install it? Also should I be changing the oil in that assembly? Or is that normally only done after rebuild?

Oh and one more thing. Once I get this thing finally running, I plan on putting it in the ocean, is there anything special about running in salt water with this boat? Other than flushing it with freshwater after taking it out that is.

Thanks!

Rob

Daremo

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Bayliner Reflexx questions

So no one knows anything? I got 30+ hits and nothing to say? So far the online forums are batting .000 on this subject.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bayliner Reflexx questions

sorry, I guess you will just have to ask for your money back