Oil for a 97 seadoo speedster boat 2 stroke

marionr26

Seaman Apprentice
I have a speedster jet boat has the twin 85hp 2 stroke engines on it....You basically fill with oil and it mixes it self. What I need to know is can I run TC-3 2 stroke oil from walmart...Do I have to pay 38.95 from seadoo for there oil.....He is a pic of the oil I got from walmart can I use it???? The priemium plus or the XLF-2 cycle. I didnt wont to try it until i found out for sure

http://oilstore.stores.yahoo.net/marine.html

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Oil for a 97 seadoo speedster boat 2 stroke

on the 720 engines wal mart oil is fine.that is what I used for years on my 720 engines with no ill effects,, those engines are really simple no rave valves no counter balance shafts just simple reliable engines.

LubeDude

Admiral

I have a speedster jet boat has the twin 85hp 2 stroke engines on it....You basically fill with oil and it mixes it self. What I need to know is can I run TC-3 2 stroke oil from walmart...Do I have to pay 38.95 from seadoo for there oil.....He is a pic of the oil I got from walmart can I use it???? The priemium plus or the XLF-2 cycle. I didnt wont to try it until i found out for sure

http://oilstore.stores.yahoo.net/marine.html

Absolutly not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23562

The Amsoil HP Injector oil will do you fine, What you are looking for is the API-TC specification for your SeaDoo!

HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (HPI)
Excellent for all outboard motors with a performance emphasis on modern direct fuel injected (DFI) technology. Also recommended for personal watercraft, jet boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATVs. Injector use or 50:1 premix.
NMMA TC-W3, API TC

marionr26

Seaman Apprentice

I called seadoo they was like its your own call but we recommend you using seadoo oil(of corse they do) So where can I go locally to get 2 stroke oil to run in my sea doo.......Wal mart,auto zone,advance????

marionr26

Seaman Apprentice

Whats a 720 engine??? I have twin 85hp rotax 2 cycle engines???

marionr26

Seaman Apprentice

well its good to know i can run wal mart TC-3 oil from walmart 13.00 gallon better than 38.95 gallon guess seadoo just wants to sell there oil the reason said they only recommend theres

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

well its good to know i can run wal mart TC-3 oil from walmart 13.00 gallon better than 38.95 gallon guess seadoo just wants to sell there oil the reason said they only recommend theres

I would definately not use tcw3 oil. It is a lot thicker than the rotax injector oil which is synthetic. I only use amsoil in mine, after two engine rebuilds I learned the hard way that expensive oil is far cheaper than buying bearings and pistons. I spend about $100 a year on oil. a rebuilt engine is $1800 the tech from sbt who rebuilds engines will tell you. and he is not selling oil. You can also use Mystic or mercruiser as a substitute.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

I suggest using the OEM synthetic oil or the Quicksilver PWC oil due to this systems rotary valve and way it is injected. If you note the OEM & Quicksilver PWC oil will be labeled not for outboard engines...

shannontz

Recruit

I have always used 2 stroke regular oil....can I use Synthetic Oil 2 stroke in my 1998 Sea Doo boat and if so is there a problem mixing the two oils or should I completely use what's in there first before putting Synthetic in?