Where is one of the cheapest places 2 cycle oil

marionr26

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Where is one of the cheapest places 2 cycle oil

So are you saying I need to pay the 38,95 gallon for oil.....Can I find a cheaper oil elsewhere that will work fine in my seadoo jetboat

twin 85hp rotax engines...

these are 720 engines right????
Guy said he has always ran walmart 2 stroke oil no problems

LubeDude

Admiral

So are you saying I need to pay the 38,95 gallon for oil.....Can I find a cheaper oil elsewhere that will work fine in my seadoo jetboat

twin 85hp rotax engines...

these are 720 engines right????
Guy said he has always ran walmart 2 stroke oil no problems

Actually I'm only repeating what the article is trying to tell people that there is in fact a difference in oils for the Rotax engines. One person may get away with a certain oil and another may not. Why would you want to take the chance of blowing up an engine to save a few dollars?

If you can find it you can use this! Even though is says "air cooled", it has the right spec!

Pennzoil? 2-Cycle Oil for Air-Cooled Engines

Pennzoil? 2-Cycle Engine Oil for air-cooled engines has been specifically designed for use in air-cooled engines such as those found in lawn mowers, motorcycles, weed cutters, snow-blowers, chain saws and small generators. It has been formulated with high-quality base stocks and additives, and meets API Service Category TC.

marionr26

Seaman Apprentice

I cant find any only the TW-3 oil is all i can find. I guess sea doo will get my 38.95 gallon. How long does a gallon usually last far as gallons of gas. Im not sure since its self mix I just keep filling up with gas each time I go out in boat.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

I usually don't get in to oil debates just seems to start a war,, however,, I probably put more hours on a ski than most people I ride 3 days a week and I beat the stuffing out of my skies,, I average 75 miles on a ski in a day , I pull slalom skiers tuber wake boards jump huge waves at w o t,, I will tell you this,, on a sea doo 720 engine and those are what you own,, there are NO rave valves,, no balance shaft and the engines are reliable with variable ratio oil pumps. I have owned a bunch of those engines.. all I ever used was tcw3 oil at wal mart for 10 dollars a gallon,, it is ash less oil. and I have not had any engine failures, the last one I just sold was a 2000 gti with tons of hard hours on it, the buyer took it for a test ride and loved how strong it ran, he purchased it on the spot. so you do what you want but this is what I use and I never had an issue!!

JUSTINTIME

Captain

I usually don't get in to oil debates just seems to start a war,, however,, I probably put more hours on a ski than most people I ride 3 days a week and I beat the stuffing out of my skies,, I average 75 miles on a ski in a day , I pull slalom skiers tuber wake boards jump huge waves at w o t,, I will tell you this,, on a sea doo 720 engine and those are what you own,, there are NO rave valves,, no balance shaft and the engines are reliable with variable ratio oil pumps. I have owned a bunch of those engines.. all I ever used was tcw3 oil at wal mart for 10 dollars a gallon,, it is ash less oil. and I have not had any engine failures, the last one I just sold was a 2000 gti with tons of hard hours on it, the buyer took it for a test ride and loved how strong it ran, he purchased it on the spot. so you do what you want but this is what I use and I never had an issue!!

key word is ashless!!!